The mission of HAMV is to provide the opportunity for decent, safe, and affordable housing that will meet the needs of individuals and families in the city of Mt. Vernon, Illinois as well as providing oppportunities to position assisted individuals and families for success.
- Invest in programs that position eligible individuals and families for success in life, including home ownership educations and provision of housing counseling. - When people have a place to call home, they are better able to pursure opportunities and position themselves for success.
- Serve as a one-stop information resource for affordable housing.
- Further the revitalization of the community through maintenance and rehabilitation of existing housing as well as through the development of new housing options.
- Maximize the utilization of available funds to assist eligible individuals and families.
- Provide assistance that respects the dignity and inherent worth of every person.
- Create partnerships that contribute to the development of vibrant, inclusive communities.
Housing Choice Voucher
A Tenant-Based Voucher is a component of the Federal Housing Choice Voucher Program. A voucher is provided to an eligible family or individual, which allows them to locate housing of their choice, including single-family homes, townhouses, apartments, and mobile homes.
LIHTCCollege Oaks of Mt. Vernon
College Oaks of Mt. Vernon is a Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) property containing fifty (50) single family three (3) and four (4) bedroom units.
MultifamilyRose Lane Apartments
Rose Lane Apartments is a Federally funded development consisting of 112 units of one and two bedrooms. The development is located in a residential area of Mt. Vernon just off of Broadway and 42nd Street.